Since farmers across the country have started using the Sealac products they have noticed an increase in herd health, along with reduced vets bills and antibiotic usage.
Seaweed acts as a prebiotic to enhance livestock production and overall animal health.
Seaweed is a natural source of over 60 different minerals, vitamins, trace elements and amino acids which helps to promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
One farmer recorded a 14kg weight advantage on a batch of calves after 72 days using Sealac products.
Benefits of seaweed:
- Helps keep animals healthier and more resistant to infection;
- High in iodine;
- Can help to produce thicker, shinier coats;
- Stimulates appetite;
- Enhanced immunity and energy;
- Improves digestion;
- Strengthens immune system;
- Helps to reduce stress at weaning;
- A natural supplement.
Seaweed contains some of the following minerals, vitamins, and trace elements:
- Protein – helps to support muscle growth in young cattle;
- Copper – essential for animal growth;
- Calcium – important for many functions such as supporting the nervous system, milk production and bone formation;
- Cobalt – animals require cobalt in their diet to produce vitamin B12. Deficiencies can lead to lack of appetite resulting in poor growth;
- Magnesium – helps with stress in animals and deficiency can result in lameness and poor reproductive efficiency;
- Selenium – an essential trace element in animal nutrition. It is required for growth and helps aid resistance to disease. It can also help to prevent other health disorders such as mastitis.
The Sealac range
Good Gut Health: A seaweed powder that can be added to whole milk or milk replacer from birth. It is a natural source of minerals and vitamins which are vital to newborn calves. As the seaweed is in powder form, it is absorbed easier in the gut and can be beneficial to the growth of good bacteria resulting in a healthier calf. It can also help to reduce scour.
Sealac Flake: A supplement that can be added to a dry meal or silage. It helps to stimulate appetite, improve energy levels and well-being in animals. It can also help to increase reproduction in animals.
Electrolyte Plus: A seaweed-based electrolyte that can rehydrate and replace lost fluids and essential electrolytes. The added blend of seaweeds will help to boost the immune system of the animal, replacing any minerals and vitamins lost, helping them to recover faster. It can be used for the treatment of scour in young animals.